Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Dying Bride - Songs of Darkness, Words of Light (2004)

Genre : Melodic Doom Death
Country : England

This is the eighth full-length. I think that's the best album of the band. In this work My Dying Bride creates the most obscure atmosphere, with mournful and painful melodies. The guitars are raw and crushing, with slow mid tempo. The clean vocals are very depressive, the grunts are aggressive despair. The keyboards are perfect with beautiful melodies and mysterious touch.

My favorite tracks are "Catherine Black", "The Prize of Beauty", "And My Fury Stand Ready", "The Blue Lotus", and the more heavy song of the band " A Doomed Lover", I love this song, is slow and ultra heavy, represents melancholy, suffering, anguish, depression, desolation and darkness. Their melodic riffs are amazing. Listen this song within complete darkness is a sublime feeling.
.
This is my favorite My Dying Bride album, because their melodies represent that is Doom Metal; melancholy and absolute darkness.
It's an essential album!
.
1.The Wreckage of My Flesh 08:45
2.The Scarlet Garden 07:50
3.Catherine Blake 06:32
4.My Wine in Silence 05:53
5.The Prize of Beauty 08:02
6.The Blue Lotus 06:33
7.And My Fury Stands Ready 07:45
8.A Doomed Lover 07:54

Total playing time 59:14

No comments: